Between starting to teach my class and Bobo getting sick, I made some time to finish up some projects I'd been working on.
The first is a $10 mid-century bedside table that I spruced up using some restor-a-finish. It was pretty scratched, and worn, but the restor-a-finish totally brought it back to life.
Then there is this table that (shamefully) I've had in the works for over a year! Here is the before image:
It was really scratched and the finish was badly damaged, so I decided to strip the base, and repaint the top.
Here it is partway through:
The color in the photo is a little darker than it is in person - here is a better pic of the color:
Another piece we picked up recently was this great desk! I used restor-a-finish on this piece as well, and it looks good as new. The handles aren't back on yet, but you get the idea. :)
The cats love it as much as we do.
We also painted our kitchen this last weekend - we got rid of the ugly country yellow (finally!) and we opted for a light grey/white. There is a lot of wall space in the kitchen, so I'm hoping to make some big paintings for the walls.
With school starting, housework, and the cat being sick, we had a bit of a long week. Good thing we've got a comfy couch.