New Scanner!

My favorite thing that I got for xmas this year was my new scanner.  It scans slides and negatives, alongside with being able to scan most of my paintings and drawing because I work so small.  Part of what I want to do once I graduate is really work on selling some of my artwork.  I think I'm either going to start a shop on Etsy or BigCartel.  In fact, I would really like to start an online co-op of artists selling prints on a BigCartel page.  I have way too many amazingly talented friends, and am sure I could figure out something.  :)
So anyways, back on track, here are a couple of scans I started with:
img015
That is my youngest sister - taken in Governer Dodge State Park in Wisconsin.  She was about 6 or 7 at the time, now she's 16!  And driving! (ahhh!)
It was scanned from a negative, and I still need to work out some of the kinks with the negative scanner, but not bad for a first try.
This one is my first try at one of my drawings - it is one I did a few weeks back when I was subbing, and I never posted it.  It is 8 x 10 - colored pencil on pastel paper:
nude 2
Detail of how awesome this scanner is:
nude 2detail
Needless to say, I am very happy that I have one now! 
In other news I have been cooking amidst all of the pre-semester craziness.  This was my breakfast today-- Jealous?
bananna chocolate chip bread
It was good - Homemade banana chocolate chip bread.  I just used the recipe from the betty crocker cooking bible, and it turned out perfectly. 
Yesterday I got really adventurous and cooked a whole chicken in my slow cooker which we had for dinner.  I took what we didn't eat and made it into shredded bbq chicken for sandwiches, and lastly, took the bones and other unidentifiable parts and made them into homemade chicken stock which I made into orzo and veggie soup.  I was very tired at the end of that ordeal, but I had made about 6 meals worth of food for Nate and I, which was definitely worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely as always. Happy 2010 to you and Nate! (and kitties, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana chocolate chip bread? Can it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you're wild. i take what i don't eat and heat it up the next day as the same thing it was before. but i usually don't ever make anything anyway so the second part rarely happens. ( : I make a mean sloppy joe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2010 to you too Michi!

    Siga, no, it can't-haha!

    Ann - I see you got your chef man to make you some bread though! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete