We had some really great times, and some really low lows, but I am hopeful this next year will be really great. Busy, and exciting, but great.
Here is a little bit of what all happened this year:
Also, I wanted to share with you that Nate got a job!! I am so happy for him - he will be starting as an adjunct recording and music professor this next semester! I am married to a professor! Weird! We are both anxious and excited for this next year, we have absolutely no idea of where we will be and what we will be doing in six months, but I know wherever we'll be, it will be an adventure. He and I have been together for almost 10 years now! I remember 10 years ago on new years eve we spent the first half of the night in the basement of our friend's house, and the second half of the night with my family and friends. I even got to have a glass of champagne, or two - with the parents of course.
We started dating when I was 15 and he was 16, which is crazy! When I was younger, I was fiercely independent, and never envisioned myself marrying my high school sweetheart right out of college. But, that is how it ended up, and I couldn't be happier. :)
Well, enough with the sappy reminiscing, I don't want to make anyone gag!
But, I do want to share some of my goals for this next year with you all:
- Try not to stress so much -- This is a big one for me, and it will probably be the hardest. I tend to blow things up in my mind until the amount of work I've got to do seems crippling -- not healthy... So lets change that.
- Learn to paint better -- Everyone has room for improvement, and I really want to nail down my skills in oils, especially with the whole thesis show on the horizon!
- Make more food at home, and make better food -- By 'better' I mean - cutting out processed foods, fake sugars, and general not-so-healthy foods. I've taken some steps this year with having my own garden, and trying to cook as often as I can, but now I just need to take it to the next level. :)
- Thoughtful buying -- by this I mean using what I buy as a way of changing the world around me. Trying to spend my money on things that last longer, don't go out of style quickly, and buying secondhand as often as possible.
- Be a better blogger -- and not let 15 days go by without posting!! whoops!!
Last but not least, here is a picture of Bo zonked out after our six christmas winter driving bonanza: