Knitting!

Now that the weather has cooled off and my schedule has become a little less insane, I finally re-started our knitting night!  I started knitting when I was in college and haven't stopped.  It has been a great way to meet new people.  When I moved to Sycamore, IL for grad school and when I moved here to South Dakota - some of the first people I met were fellow knitters (who I found through Ravelry.com - a great resource for fiber artists!).
Untitled
Last week I had the honor of teaching my new friend Kacie how to knit (and she's already halfway through her first scarf!) at our Stitch & Bitch.  It is fun to teach people a new craft.  I've probably taught about 50 people how to knit in my lifetime, and I really love seeing the directions they go with their craft!  Making things with your hands can be so rewarding and relaxing (once you get the hang of it).  
Untitled
{Jacy looking pumped!}
I also love how craft can bring people together!  :)
Untitled
I worked on a pair of legwarmers made from some recycled wool yarn - they are finished now, and I've worn them almost every day since then!
I've also been working on dismantling a few other sweaters to 'harvest' their yarn.  
Turning a sweater into yarn !
It is my favorite way to get yarn. :)  
Well, I better get back to my grading!  I've got another day's worth then I am done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment