2010 In Review {better late than never!}

096
{In Milwaukee over the holidays - headed to the Third Ward on the Riverwalk}

So, as you may have noticed, I've been a bit absent from this blog lately.  Christmas tends to take a lot out of me between travelling, and getting ready for the semester ahead of me.  I am finally taking the time to do a review of the things happened in 2010!
  • I graduated with my MFA in Painting/Drawing from NIU, and for the first time in 19 years, I am no longer a student.
  • Taught Drawing 2 and Life Drawing at NIU.
  • Had my Thesis Show entitled 'Shelter Me'. 
  • Showed in our Graduate Group Show.
  • Worked on a collaboritive exhibition with Guerra De La Paz
  • Showed at ARC Gallery in Chicago.
  • Moved 600 miles to rural South Dakota with my husband to work at DSU - he in the Music department, and I in the Art department as an Adjunct.  
  • We bought a house!
  • I had a show in Miami at Carol Jazzar, went to the opening, and met many wonderful and inspiring people!
  • Was the matron of honor in my little sister's wedding to her wonderful husband Zach
  • My Brother-in-law got Engaged!
  • Started a weekly Knitting Group.
  • Joined the MAAC, became Vice President, and helped set up a monthly exhibition series at the BrickHouse.
It has been a crazy year, and there is no way I would have predicted at the beginning of 2010 that we'd be homeowners in rural South Dakota, and have jobs in our fields for that matter!  It has been such a crazy year, from the stress and excitement of my final semester of Graduate school, to leaving our very good friends in Illinois, to meeting new people and friends here in South Dakota.  

My goals for this year are simple:

Make Art and Live Well. 

Wishing you all a wonderful new year!
Much Love,
-Cassie

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on a mega-productive year! Quite the list when you see it all together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another thing that happened to both of us this year, we got separated by so many miles! i miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Ann, I miss you sosososoo much. Please hide in someone's suitcase and come visit me!! I'm planning a nice long Chi-town trip this summer!

    ReplyDelete