Wristlet

After my favorite wristlet/clutch bit the dust, I was determined to replace it with something handmade.  This is the solution to that conundrum:
DSC_0736
I'm working on writing up a pattern for this little beauty.  It is done with a combination of knitting and crochet, and has very little seaming.  The most challenging part of it is the lining, but even that isn't so bad.  I'm thinking of making a version with a button flap too for those people who cringe at the thought of sewing in a lining.  
DSC_0735
I was hesitant about the zipper at first, but now I love it.  
Also, there is only ONE end to weave in with this.  I think I may be the laziest knitter/crocheter ever!
Progress shot:
DSC_0720
Pinning in the lining: 
DSC_0726
Done!
DSC_0748

8 comments:

  1. I love this design, and the yarn you used looks really nice. I'll look forward to the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. make me one out of a baby seal.

    seriously, though. this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! love the lining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cassie!

    your creativity is contagious! was surfing the net looking for new inspiration for crochet when i found your blog. you make lovely stuff! would really like to feature you on my blog as a topic for crochet inspirations, if it's ok. let me know :)

    Milli
    http://crochetphilippines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, well done you. That's amazing. Love the colour as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll have the pattern up and running soon -- I'm looking for a good commercially available yarn to substitute for this yarn as it was recycled yarn!

    ReplyDelete