This is one of those thrift store finds that I bring home and Nate looks at me like I've brought a dead bird into the house. Well, maybe not that extreme of a look, but a look nonetheless.
Then I re-wired it. Honestly, I thought it would be much harder to rewire a lamp, but it turns out it is really simple! It took about 5 minutes flat, and now I don't have to worry about faulty wiring. The new cord was only $2.
After that, I decided I wanted to spray paint the base so I taped off the wood part of the base with Frog Tape and Plastic bags. As I've said before, I am a frog tape convert, never again will I go back to blue painters tape. Anyhoo, I just went with a flat grey primer. I've used this color on a few of the mirror frames and other odd items in the living room, so I figured I would use it on the lamp as well to tie everything together.
Here she is pre-paint:
And the finished product: