Thoughts on Food

So, this morning while having my coffee and checking blog updates on google reader, I came across a wonderful and simple pasta sauce recipe at Smitten Kitchen. The only ingredients were whole canned tomatoes, butter, and a halved onion.  Go look at her pasta picture, how could you resist?  I couldn't.  It was a good excuse to use my much coveted new cookware as well.
So, this was lunch today:
pasta1
The sauce was wonderful, so much more fresh tasting than pasta sauce from the jar.  It also got me thinking about how much I enjoy cooking.
Cooking for me has always been an adventure, I love trying challenging recipes, and also love making food for other people.  It is my way of showing them how much I care.  There is an artist, Rirkrit Tiravanija, whose artwork consists of him preparing food, such as pad thai, for visitors to the gallery - encouraging them to interact with each other while dining.  I think it reiterates how important it is to have meals together, to be with people face to face.  A slow meal with good friends is hard to top. 

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog via Smitten Kitchen, I read your comment on this recipe. I just had to check it out and I'm not disappointed! Your photograph is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. :) :) :)
    I hope you come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Sharing a meal is such an important experience. I share your love of cooking for friends. I definitely have to try that sauce; the simplicity is so enticing, and the idea of not spending 5 bucks on canned sauce is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete