Moving on.


Recently my husband accepted a job at UW-Oshkosh as the Director of the School's Recording program.  We'll be packing up and moving to Wisconsin sometime late in the summer or early fall.  We're already neck-deep in packing and prepping our house to sell while continuing to work on our personal artistic works.  I'm prepping for multiple exhibitions, and Nate is promoting his newest album.  We have a knack for unintentionally overlapping time-consuming commitments!  I'll be taking a break from teaching in-person next semester to focus on my studio work and teach solely online.

We'll really miss our South Dakota family though - we've made such great friendships while living here over the last five years that will be hard to leave.  I'll also really miss my students at DSU - they are a great bunch!  But, we're familiar with the commute from WI to SD, so I know we'll be traveling back to visit.  We both attended UW-Oshkosh for our undergrad degrees though, and have kept in touch with a lot of our friends in the area, so at least we'll be moving someplace that is familiar this time around.

Keep your fingers crossed for us that our move will go smoothly and will time out well. :)  To our South Dakota friends: you'll always have a place to stay/visit in WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment