Watercolors and Juice

Studio night. Just finished this little 11x14" gouache and watercolor.
Untitled - 11x14" - Watercolor, Gouache, and Pastel on Paper

I've been working quite a bit on some smaller pieces in the studio lately.  After I finished a marathon oil painting session for my last exhibition I think I just needed to decompress a little bit so I started working on a bunch of these smaller works.

G'night.
Midas - 6 x8" - Watercolor on Paper

I'm not sure where I'm going with these paintings, but I'm learning a lot from each one.  

Working on shiny things in the studio.

Sunday: watercolors and sketching out a few preliminary mockups for some commissioned pieces.  I love having a bunch of little watercolor paintings started so I can work on them in tiny increments between larger oil paintings.

I've got about 12 of these little works in progress.  I always enjoy having a lot of pieces going at once - I don't think it is possible to get stuck or creatively blocked that way.  
So, I think this juicing thing is sticking.  Migraine frequency and intensity are down, energy up, coffee intake down.  Today's juice: 1/2 green apple, celery, carrot, ginger, sweet potato, and a tiny bit of cardamom. D-lish!


I'm also totally geeking out about my Juicer that I recently bought.  I've been trying to kick my migraines, drink less coffee, and eat healthier this last month.  Every afternoon I make myself a juice with one fruit and a ton of veggies.  I'd whole-heartedly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment