Knitting Projects, Fancy Ramen, and Cats.

By the title of this post, it may seem like I've somehow given up on life. I assure you that is not the case. The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur! I've been working on so many projects simultaneously that I keep forgetting to eat meals or sleep. This week I'm trying to slow things down a bit - I'm back to going to yoga, eating regular meals, and drinking non-copious amounts of coffee.

So, here's what I've been doing. I made two hats in the last two weeks. One was sent out the other side of South Dakota - it was a commission for a friend, and here's the other:
Scallop Hat
It is a slouchy hat - 100% wool with a cute scalloped fair isle pattern. I'm going to write up the patterns I've been working on soon! I'd love to put together a little pdf booklet at some point of all of my simple hat/scarf/mitten patterns. I started this during our last stitch & bitch and it is almost finished! I'll block it before I wear it to even out the pattern a bit. :)

Also, I've had luck with thrifting lately. Last week I found this blanket for $2 - it is a lovely boiled wool blanket.
Cassiemarie.com
 Bo decided to model it for me.

And a while back I also found this lovely blanket, which Rascal is ever so nicely modeling as well - it is a knockoff hudson bay wool blanket. It is HUGE - it fits on our queen bed perfectly. Also, it was only $6. I seriously love thrifting in South Dakota.
Cassiemarie.com

Lastly, in an effort to eat real food (and not chips) for lunch, I've been making soup the last few days.  It is great for using up leftovers and is super simple.
Counting on this to warm me up.
Basically you boil 2 1/2 cups of water with 2/3 Tsp of 'Better than Bullion', 1 block of ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet) or a single serving of soba noodles, and when the noodles are halfway done cooking you add 1 sliced green onion, a handful of chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, a small drizzle of sesame oil, and any leftover protein you have (like cooked chopped chicken breast, or tofu) and finish cooking the soup until the noodles are done.  So simple, so delicious.

2 comments: