I had bought a pork sirloin roast at the grocery store the other day because it was on sale with the intention of making pulled pork sandwiches. After bumbling around on the internet for a while searching for recipes, I came across a bunch of recipes for pork carnitas, and changed the game plan. This recipe was an amalgamation of about five different recipes - I didn't want to leave the house, so I used what I had on hand and it turned out fantastically. Also, it is done in a slow cooker - it is so easy!
- 2 1/2 lb pork sirloin roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 7-8 cloves garlic cut in half
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 dash pepper
- Mix the salt and cumin together in a small bowl. Place the pork in the slow cooker, and with your hands rub the spice mixture in to the surface of the meat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker, cover, and set on low. Cook for 9-10 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Once the meat is shredded - return it to the juices in the slow cooker.
We had ours as tacos with corn tortillas, cut up onions, cilantro, and salsa. Tonight I think we'll have the leftovers with rice, beans, cheese, & tomatoes.