Fate.

For my birthday this year Nate took me out on the town to go thrifting and get lunch in Sioux Falls.  It was my goal to find a couch, and I had a feeling we'd find one.  Weirdly enough, we went to my favorite thrift store (which ended up being closed) and around the corner we found this couch, free, sitting on the curb.  
DSCF1472
Can you believe it?  MidCentury, dowel legs, almost no wear whatsoever.  I almost died of happiness.  I knew as soon as I saw it that it was coming home with us.  
Seeing as we drive a Corolla, Nate became very concerned/skeptical as to how we would get this couch 50 miles to our house.  
I on the other hand, was determined.  See?
DSCF1439
Hillbilly style!!
I have hauled two desks, many chairs/coffee tables, 9 ft lumber, drainage pipes, a rocker, two credenzas, and so much more in this car.  I love it. 
DSC_0335
So does rascal.

Also, I picked up this little gem:
DSC_1470

7 comments:

  1. and that's a perfect neutral that if you wanted you could jazz up with some slipcovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your great find! And what a fun thing to do for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Maybe if the prior owner had known how great the sofa would look with a cat on it, s/he wouldn't have thrown it out. What great luck on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Score!!! That is AWESOME. My husband lives to strap stuff to the top of our car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! It was truly an awesome/adventuresome day. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday - It was in the curb, sent for you from heaven! The credenza is also fabolous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Rascal's not too rascally when it comes to clawing the sofa!

    ReplyDelete