Dear Drawing: I love you.

Yesterday, despite a killer migraine, I was fairly productive.  My students are doing well on their final projects, I've documented a good chunk of my semester's work, and I had time to draw.

I was subbing a life drawing class's final, so I got to sit and draw the entire time, which was so nice.  In undergrad I took a figure drawing class every semester that I could.  It never seemed like work. (Do I sound like an informercial yet?).  My professor was a short and crazily energetic old man who would rip up our newsprint pages if we started with a bad composition.  While this sounds cruel, it never came across as being mean because he was a truly caring person.  Ahhh, nostalgia.

Needless to say, I had a fun time in that class.  We used conte-crayon on smooth newsprint paper because he had a mean dust allergy.  I am now a conte-crayon elitist.  But, last night I opted for colored pencil.  I don't know why I don't use colored pencil more often, it is lovely.
004 - Nude
7x9" - Colored Pencil - 1.5 hours
Can I please take a figure drawing class again?

No comments:

Post a Comment